Wesgroup Equipment has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for three years in a row! We are a great place to work where individual effort is recognized.
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our team in Surrey. Reporting to the Vice President, Talent you will lead the recruitment function, taking our practices to the next level while positively promoting our employer brand. If you are looking to be a part of an award winning and growing team, apply today!
- Full cycle recruitment across multiple business units, branches and companies
- Maintain all job descriptions up to date
- Collaborate with hiring managers and existing teams to understand hiring needs
- Create and own a positive candidate experience and promote the employer brand
- Source and recruit using innovative techniques to attract top talent, building a talent pipeline
- Provide coaching and assistance to hiring managers to help improve their execution of the recruitment process and hiring results
- Capture and analyze key recruiting metrics such as turnover, time to fill positions, etc.
- Coordinate the candidate testing process
- Draft offers of employment
- Send out letters of regret
- Represent the company at career fairs and other recruiting events and make recommendations on what events to attend in alignment with the recruiting strategy
- Assist the VP, Talent in building relationships with local and national colleges and universities
- Manage the working permits application process
- Act as a back-up for the HR Generalist in their absence
- Understand and adhere to government regulations, internal policies and Standard Operating Procedures, and Worksafe BC regulations
- Other projects as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2.5+ years’ experience in recruiting, ideally in a high growth environment
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or a related field
- Ability to build relationships in person, via phone and e-mail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Proven track record of assessing and matching talent
- Big picture thinker with ability to analyze feedback, data and information
- Highly motivated, self-starter, enthusiastic and being well organized is a must
- Competent in Applicant Tracking Software and Microsoft Office programs
Who are we? People matter – a lot. Our culture is friendly, collaborative and we have each other’s backs. No one works in isolation. Everyone matters. For your drive and hard work, we offer good pay and benefits, opportunities to grow and a great work experience.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Wesgroup Equipment.