Accounts Receivable and Payable Clerk
Wesgroup Equipment is a Family of Companies comprising Westerra Equipment, Williams Machinery, and Vermeer British Columbia. Our 8 locations across British Columbia sell, rent, and service a wide range of equipment from forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Interested in working with a collaborative and fun team, in a role with a great opportunity to learn and progress your career? We are hiring an Accounts Receivable and Payable Clerk to join our Wesgroup Equipment Accounting team in Surrey. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Receivable and Payable Clerk performs a variety of tasks in a professional and efficient manner to ensure records remain accurate and up to date.
- Daily posting of customer payments;
- AP invoice entry and coding;
- AR/AP account reconciliations and journal entries;
- Identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies;
- File deposit backups;
- Support branch staff with questions and requests;
- Other tasks assigned as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication – both verbal and written;
- Strong interpersonal and team working abilities;
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong data entry and data management;
- Excellent general computer skills and experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel;
- Background in basic accounting is an asset;
- 1-3 years relevant work of experience;
- High School Diploma.
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our 5 core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers, so they become “Raving Fans.”
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Wesgroup Equipment.