Accounts Receivable and Payable Clerk
Wesgroup Equipment is a Family of Companies, comprised of Westerra Equipment, Williams Machinery, and Vermeer British Columbia. Our 8 locations across British Columbia sell, rent, and fix equipment. We also train people on how to operate machinery safely and effectively. From forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders and dump trucks, our Family of Companies services industries such as warehousing, milling, construction, forestry, recycling and more with their equipment needs. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company, and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Interested in working with a collaborative and fun team, in a role with a great opportunity to learn and progress your career? We are hiring an Accounts Receivable and Payable Clerk to join our Wesgroup Equipment Accounting team in Surrey. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Receivable and Payable Clerk performs a variety of tasks in a professional and efficient manner to ensure records remain accurate and up to date.
- Daily posting of customer payments;
- AP invoice entry and coding;
- AR/AP account reconciliations and journal entries;
- Identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies;
- File deposit backups;
- Support branch staff with questions and requests;
- Other tasks assigned as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication – both verbal and written;
- Strong interpersonal and team working abilities;
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong data entry and data management;
- Excellent general computer skills and experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel;
- Background in basic accounting is an asset;
- 1-3 years relevant work of experience;
- High School Diploma.
- Annual salary 40,000-55,000 based on skills and qualifications.
- 3 weeks vacation.
- Extended Benefits.
- RRSP Matching Plan.
- Build trust – with customers and each other;
- Be a team player – commit to working together to win;
- Be customer-focused – “wow” customers so they become raving fans;
- Support community – care for our people, our community and our planet;
- Deliver results – know what you need to do and get it done.
The Account Receivable Clerk is based out of the Surrey office and works 40 hours on average per week Monday to Friday.
*By applying, you consent to share your name and email with our third-party assessment provider only for assessment purposes if any employment assessments are required. Your data will be treated confidentially and not used for any other purpose. Your participation is optional. If you have concerns, contact our HR department.
*Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Wesgroup Equipment.