Wesgroup Equipment has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for three years in a row! We are a great place to work where individual effort is recognized.
We are currently looking for a VP, Talent to join our Head Office in Surrey. Reporting to the CEO of Wesgroup Equipment, the Vice President, Talent is a member of the executive team and works collaboratively with leaders to support the creation and execution of business strategy. From the business strategy the VP, Talent ensures the appropriate people strategy is created and executed on. The people strategy includes key areas of human resources including employee engagement, attracting and retaining top talent. If you are a strategic professional and you love what you do, apply today!
- Actively participates at the executive level identifying talent issues and solutions to support the achievement of business strategy.
- Proactively reviews programs and practices in all talent areas ensuring these are updated as the needs of the business evolve. Talent areas include; workforce and succession planning, attraction, recruitment, selection, onboarding, training, benefits and pay (total rewards), performance management including recognition, labour relations and leadership development.
- Is in touch with current culture, helps to define desired culture and provides advice, support and tools in order to achieve the desired culture. Is a role model for company culture and values alignment.
- Works closely with leaders to proactively manage talent, addressing employee issues and performance concerns in a timely manner.
- Design, implement and evolve learning and development initiatives that address gaps between current and desired states.
- Works closely with marketing to ensure employer brand aligns with the external brand and activities strengthen the brand, the customer experience and the employee experience.
- Supports internal communications.
- Keeps updated on current trends and best practices in order to attract and retain the best talent.
- Approachable and builds relationships at all levels within the organization and externally with business partners.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understands and promotes the bigger picture when implementing or changing policies and practices
- Strong knowledge in all talent areas including related legislation and labour relations
- Collects and uses data/key metrics to make sound decisions
- Ability to create and implement Learning and Development programs that enable the organization to achieve current and future goals.
- Understands how the business works and knows the key drivers of profitability.
- Effective decision-making ability, results oriented and an effective change leader
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven ability to manage and develop others
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in human resources, business admin or related field
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR)
- 10+ years of experience in a senior HR role, working collaboratively to develop and execute on a successful people strategy.
- 10+ years of experience managing people
Who are we? People matter – a lot. Our culture is friendly, collaborative and we have each other’s backs. No one works in isolation. Everyone matters. For your drive, hard work, and cool head we offer good pay and benefits, opportunities to grow and a great work experience.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Wesgroup Equipment.