Wesgroup Equipment is a Family of Companies comprising Westerra Equipment, Williams Machinery, and Vermeer British Columbia. Our 8 locations across British Columbia sell, rent, and service a wide range of equipment from forklifts to skid steers, excavators, loaders, and dump trucks. Join our award-winning company and experience working at a Gold Certified Canada’s Best Managed Company and one of BC’s Top Employers.
Interested in working with a collaborative and fun team, in a role with a great opportunity to learn and progress your career? We are hiring a Junior Accountant to join our Wesgroup Equipment Accounting team in Surrey. Reporting to the Controller and Assistant Controller, this position is responsible for managing daily and month-end accounting functions related to inventory, capital assets, financing, and other balance sheet and income statement accounts. The successful candidate will demonstrate great attention to detail while performing tasks professionally and efficiently.
- Review inventory sale transactions for accuracy
- Manage financing of all inventory and rental assets
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Reconcile capital assets and rental fleets
- Prepare salesman commission calculations
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile balance sheet accounts at month-end
- Assist branch personnel with inquiries and requests
- Other related duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Desire to enroll in CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) is an asset but not required
- Degree or diploma in Accounting or Business discipline
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team working abilities
Who We Are: Our people are at the core of what we do. We take the time to hire the right people who share our 5 core values, train them, coach them, and reward them for their successes.
- Build Trust – Build trust with others and & each other.
- Be a Team Player – Commit to working together to win.
- Be Customer Focused – “Wow” customers, so they become “Raving Fans.”
- Support Community – Care for our people, our community, and the planet.
- Deliver Results – Know what you need to do and get it done.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Wesgroup Equipment.